distribution list don't work after copying file to another machine  
Author Message
sp00ky





PostPosted: Thu Mar 15 20:14:26 CDT 2007 Top

Outlook General >> distribution list don't work after copying file to another machine

After I copy my .pst file to my laptop, some of my 'distribution list' don't
work.

Is there a reason for this.

Thanks,

JWB

Outlook918  
 
 
F





PostPosted: Thu Mar 15 20:14:26 CDT 2007 Top

Outlook General >> distribution list don't work after copying file to another machine
> After I copy my .pst file to my laptop, some of my 'distribution
> list' don't work.
>
> Is there a reason for this.
>

Version of Outlook?
Type of Server (exchange, pop/imap)?
Error messages (imagine you called your plumber and said 'My sink doesn't
work'. They would need a bit more clarification on what 'doesn't work'
means.)?

--
f.h.


 
 
jwb





PostPosted: Thu Mar 15 23:33:00 CDT 2007 Top

Outlook General >> distribution list don't work after copying file to another machine I'm sorry it was a long day...

I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP and I connect directly to the
internet vial my cable company.

I use microsoft synchtoy to move the .pst file between the two computers. I
hope that is a better way to ask the question. thanks for the suttle
reminder.

JWB






> > After I copy my .pst file to my laptop, some of my 'distribution
> > list' don't work.
> >
> > Is there a reason for this.
> >
>
> Version of Outlook?
> Type of Server (exchange, pop/imap)?
> Error messages (imagine you called your plumber and said 'My sink doesn't
> work'. They would need a bit more clarification on what 'doesn't work'
> means.)?
>
> --
> f.h.
>
>
>
 
 
F





PostPosted: Fri Mar 16 00:29:28 CDT 2007 Top

Outlook General >> distribution list don't work after copying file to another machine
>>> After I copy my .pst file to my laptop, some of my 'distribution
>>> list' don't work.
>>>
>>> Is there a reason for this.
>>>
>>
>> Version of Outlook?
>> Type of Server (exchange, pop/imap)?
>> Error messages (imagine you called your plumber and said 'My sink
>> doesn't work'. They would need a bit more clarification on what
>> 'doesn't work' means.)?
>>
>
> I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP and I connect directly to the
> internet vial my cable company.
>
> I use microsoft synchtoy to move the .pst file between the two
> computers. I hope that is a better way to ask the question. thanks
> for the suttle reminder.
>

Well, it's better, but I still don't really understand 'My distribution list
doesn't work'.

How exactly doesn't it work? What is happening? Is it not there? Do you
send to it and none of the recipients receive the message? Do only some
recipients receive the message and others don't? Can you mail the people on
the DL individually and on a single message without using the DL?

--
f.h.