/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/vdir/global.asa  
Author Message
BrownEyedSkyguy





PostPosted: Wed Nov 26 17:10:44 CST 2003 Top

IIS >> /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/vdir/global.asa

We recently install IIS 6.0 on Window 2003 Server. The
asp pages that works on IIS 5.0 (Win NT) doesn't work for
client until one of the administrators click on the pages
and subsequently works for client. We went thru microsoft
troubleshooting site
http://www.hide-link.com/
url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standar
d/qss_wss_troubleshooting.asp
, and also following the "Default Permissions and User
Rights for IIS 6.0"
( http://www.hide-link.com/ ).
Http error message on client pc:
error '8002801d'
/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/VDIR/global.asa, line xx
IIS log message shows 500 error.
Thanks in advance.

Web Programming423  
 
 
lcozzens





PostPosted: Wed Nov 26 17:10:44 CST 2003 Top

IIS >> /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/vdir/global.asa Which object are you trying to instantiate on that line of the global.asa
file?

Have you read through this article?

274038 PRB: ASP Error 8002801d "Library Not Registered"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=274038

Hope this helps,
Lisa

--------------------
> We recently install IIS 6.0 on Window 2003 Server. The
> asp pages that works on IIS 5.0 (Win NT) doesn't work for
> client until one of the administrators click on the pages
> and subsequently works for client. We went thru microsoft
> troubleshooting site
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
> url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standar
> d/qss_wss_troubleshooting.asp
> , and also following the "Default Permissions and User
> Rights for IIS 6.0"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=812614).
> Http error message on client pc:
> error '8002801d'
> /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/VDIR/global.asa, line xx
> IIS log message shows 500 error.
> Thanks in advance.

-----
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
© 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

 
 
anonymous





PostPosted: Mon Dec 01 16:36:04 CST 2003 Top

IIS >> /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/vdir/global.asa Hi Lisa,
I read the article you indicated. The global.asa includes=20
the connection string and I don't see any object need to=20
instantiate. There got to be some where need to set the=20
security correctly. Because once the administrator ran=20
the page, it works for all users.
Thanks for your help!
-Maria

Here is the global.asa:=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=3DVBScript RUNAT=3DServer>
Sub Application_OnStart
'=3D=3DVisual InterDev Generated - startspan=3D=3D
'--Project Data Connection
Application("SQLServer_ConnectionString")=20
=3D "Provider=3DSQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=3DSSPI;Persist=20
Security Info=3DFalse;Initial Catalog=3Dxxxx;Data=20
Source=3Dxxxx;Use Procedure for Prepare=3D1;Auto=20
Translate=3DTrue;Packet Size=3D4096;"
Application("SQLServer_ConnectionTimeout")=20
=3D 40
Application("SQLServer_CommandTimeout") =3D=20
40
Application("SQLServer_CursorLocation") =3D 3
Application("SQLServer_RuntimeUserName")=20
=3D ""
Application("SQLServer_RuntimePassword")=20
=3D ""
'-- Project Data Environment
'Set DE =3D Server.CreateObject
("DERuntime.DERuntime")
'Application("DE") =3D DE.Load(Server.MapPath
("Global.ASA"), "_private/DataEnvironment/DataEnvironment.a
sa")
'=3D=3DVisual InterDev Generated - endspan=3D=3D
End Sub
</SCRIPT>
>-----Original Message-----
>Which object are you trying to instantiate on that line=20
of the global.asa=20
>file?
>
>Have you read through this article?
>
>274038 PRB: ASP Error 8002801d "Library Not Registered"
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=3D274038
>
>Hope this helps,
>Lisa
>
>--------------------
>> We recently install IIS 6.0 on Window 2003 Server. The=20
>> asp pages that works on IIS 5.0 (Win NT) doesn't work=20
for=20
>> client until one of the administrators click on the=20
pages=20
>> and subsequently works for client. We went thru=20
microsoft=20
>> troubleshooting site=20
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
>>=20
url=3D/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standar
>> d/qss_wss_troubleshooting.asp=20
>> , and also following the "Default Permissions and User=20
>> Rights for IIS 6.0"=20
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=3D812614).
>> Http error message on client pc:
>> error '8002801d'
>> /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/VDIR/global.asa, line xx
>> IIS log message shows 500 error.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>-----
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and=20
confers=20
>no rights. You assume all risk for your use.=20
>=A9 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
>.
>