Text blurry  
Author Message
foh





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:25:26 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry

Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
annoying.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.hide-link.com/ ;dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Internet Explorer40  
 
 
WhyoWhy





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:25:26 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry It's not just blurry. It's colorful. Each letter in a sentence ends up a
different color to the letter beside it. I think they have tried a new way of
anti-aliasing the text and got it completely wrong. It's always 3 steps
forward and 2 steps back with some people.



> Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
> annoying.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
 
 
RyanHanekamp





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:12:29 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry Could this be the result of browser-based anti-aliasing of text? I rather
hope it is. Mac IE and Safari already do this.


-Ryan






> Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
> annoying.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
 
 
howie1253





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:21:27 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry



> Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
> annoying.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

You need to turn off ClearType (enabled by default in IE7). Go into
Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and un-tick the Use ClearType box.
 
 
WhyoWhy





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:40:30 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry Yay! Disabling ClearType does fix the blury and colorful text. Lucky I read
your reply. I was about to uninstall the program. :)



>
>

>
> > Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
> > annoying.
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> You need to turn off ClearType (enabled by default in IE7). Go into
> Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and un-tick the Use ClearType box.
 
 
Christopher





PostPosted: Tue Jan 31 16:49:28 CST 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry Actually, this is exactly how clear type works as far as I'm aware (by using
individual colors on an LCD screen). If you're not seeing what you like, you
can tune cleartype (look for the tool at microsoft.com/cleartype) or disable
it completely via the advanced tab in the options.

--

-Christopher [MSFT]
----
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.




> It's not just blurry. It's colorful. Each letter in a sentence ends up a
> different color to the letter beside it. I think they have tried a new way
> of
> anti-aliasing the text and got it completely wrong. It's always 3 steps
> forward and 2 steps back with some people.
>

>
>> Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
>> annoying.
>>
>> ----------------
>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general


 
 
StefanoGatto





PostPosted: Tue Jun 06 15:04:02 CDT 2006 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> Text blurry Ok, thanks Christopher, but please tell me why IE7 chooses to set cleartype
ON, even when the user already decided not to have cleartype set on, by
unchecking it on the Display Options of the control panel. I think these 2
should be consistent, since I hardly see a user choosing opposite values for
smoothing fonts outside or inside of IE7... Is this due to the fact it's just
beta?
--
Stefano Gatto




> Actually, this is exactly how clear type works as far as I'm aware (by using
> individual colors on an LCD screen). If you're not seeing what you like, you
> can tune cleartype (look for the tool at microsoft.com/cleartype) or disable
> it completely via the advanced tab in the options.
>
> --
>
> -Christopher [MSFT]
> ----
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>


> > It's not just blurry. It's colorful. Each letter in a sentence ends up a
> > different color to the letter beside it. I think they have tried a new way
> > of
> > anti-aliasing the text and got it completely wrong. It's always 3 steps
> > forward and 2 steps back with some people.
> >

> >
> >> Text displayed in IE7 has more of a blurry, smooth look that's kind of
> >> annoying.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=8f8f0f08-426f-4d64-83b9-a20fc8852f51&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
>
>