IE7 secondary windows show... then disappear?  
Author Message
Teddybear





PostPosted: Wed Apr 25 19:25:04 CDT 2007 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> IE7 secondary windows show... then disappear?

On several sites, on clicking to show site "popups" which have additional
information, they are launched in a seperate window, load, then immediately
disappear. All in about 1 second. If I'm fast I can actually "catch" the
secondary window with a left click (and hold) on it's title bar.
I'm converting from MSN Explorer to IE7 and the above is not a problem using
MSN Explorer. The secondary windows stay open normally.
I have run with no add-ons to no avail. Also turned off popup blockers.
Is this a known IE7 issue? Any help is appreciated.
Steve

Internet Explorer29  
 
 
Don





PostPosted: Wed Apr 25 19:25:04 CDT 2007 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> IE7 secondary windows show... then disappear? Hi,
Check the settings of any third-party security, privacy, ad-blocking
programs (or toolbars) that are installed. One of them is probably blocking
the new window.

This sounds, specifically, like the work of Ad-aware Pro- Adwatch, the
"Block pop-ups" feature. It sometimes allows a window to open momentarily
before closing it.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]



> On several sites, on clicking to show site "popups" which have additional
> information, they are launched in a seperate window, load, then
immediately
> disappear. All in about 1 second. If I'm fast I can actually "catch" the
> secondary window with a left click (and hold) on it's title bar.
> I'm converting from MSN Explorer to IE7 and the above is not a problem
using
> MSN Explorer. The secondary windows stay open normally.
> I have run with no add-ons to no avail. Also turned off popup blockers.
> Is this a known IE7 issue? Any help is appreciated.
> Steve

 
 
SteveS





PostPosted: Wed Apr 25 21:54:03 CDT 2007 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> IE7 secondary windows show... then disappear? WOW !!!!! You are goooooood at this. I turned off Ad-Watch and the problem
immediately went away. Now What ??? I know Ad-Watch is stopping unwanted
Spyware, cause when I run Ad-Aware it scans clean. Ad-Watch has a list of
"urls containing the phrase".... I can delete or ad to the list. Do you
know the next step(s) I can take to still be able to use Ad-Watch???
Thank You VERY Much, Don.
Steve




> Hi,
> Check the settings of any third-party security, privacy, ad-blocking
> programs (or toolbars) that are installed. One of them is probably blocking
> the new window.
>
> This sounds, specifically, like the work of Ad-aware Pro- Adwatch, the
> "Block pop-ups" feature. It sometimes allows a window to open momentarily
> before closing it.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>


> > On several sites, on clicking to show site "popups" which have additional
> > information, they are launched in a seperate window, load, then
> immediately
> > disappear. All in about 1 second. If I'm fast I can actually "catch" the
> > secondary window with a left click (and hold) on it's title bar.
> > I'm converting from MSN Explorer to IE7 and the above is not a problem
> using
> > MSN Explorer. The secondary windows stay open normally.
> > I have run with no add-ons to no avail. Also turned off popup blockers.
> > Is this a known IE7 issue? Any help is appreciated.
> > Steve
>
>
 
 
Don





PostPosted: Thu Apr 26 19:17:45 CDT 2007 Top

Internet Explorer / IE >> IE7 secondary windows show... then disappear?
Hi,
You shouldn't have to disable Adwatch completely. Look for a "Block pop-ups
aggressively" (or similar) feature in Adwatch. Disable that. The pop-up
blocker that's a part of IE7 does a pretty good job. You should be able to
use Adwatch without it's pop-up blocker.

Don



> WOW !!!!! You are goooooood at this. I turned off Ad-Watch and the
problem
> immediately went away. Now What ??? I know Ad-Watch is stopping
unwanted
> Spyware, cause when I run Ad-Aware it scans clean. Ad-Watch has a list of
> "urls containing the phrase".... I can delete or ad to the list. Do you
> know the next step(s) I can take to still be able to use Ad-Watch???
> Thank You VERY Much, Don.
> Steve


>
> > Hi,
> > Check the settings of any third-party security, privacy, ad-blocking
> > programs (or toolbars) that are installed. One of them is probably
blocking
> > the new window.
> >
> > This sounds, specifically, like the work of Ad-aware Pro- Adwatch, the
> > "Block pop-ups" feature. It sometimes allows a window to open
momentarily
> > before closing it.



> > > On several sites, on clicking to show site "popups" which have
additional
> > > information, they are launched in a seperate window, load, then
> > immediately
> > > disappear. All in about 1 second. If I'm fast I can actually "catch"
the
> > > secondary window with a left click (and hold) on it's title bar.
> > > I'm converting from MSN Explorer to IE7 and the above is not a problem
> > using
> > > MSN Explorer. The secondary windows stay open normally.
> > > I have run with no add-ons to no avail. Also turned off popup
blockers.
> > > Is this a known IE7 issue? Any help is appreciated.
> > > Steve