Installation of RTM destroys my Visual Studio installation  
Author Message
EDV Gradl





PostPosted: Visual Studio Team System - Database Professionals, Installation of RTM destroys my Visual Studio installation Top

I am using Vistual Studio Team Suite english version on on german Windows XP Proffessional.
I installed the trial of Datadude, which would as Gerd Drapers posted in hit blog would be a full version if I had the Team Suite (which I have).
Now since Visual Studio and DataDude are both english versions, I would expect an english Visual Studio after the install. But instead I now got half the menus in german and the other half in english. This really can't be. It did not happen with the CTPs and now that. It is simply bad.
What must I do to get my english Visual Studio again


Visual Studio Team System10  
 
 
Alle





PostPosted: Visual Studio Team System - Database Professionals, Installation of RTM destroys my Visual Studio installation Top

Hallo,

I can not confirm your findings. See my thread RTM Download for Team Suite Subscribers

All menus, submenus, etc. are in english.

However there was never a localised version of VS installed on this box. I do have a german OS (Windows XP2) though.

Alle


 
 
EDV Gradl





PostPosted: Visual Studio Team System - Database Professionals, Installation of RTM destroys my Visual Studio installation Top

All the normal Vistual Studio Professional menus seem to be in german, all the team menus (including those for datadude) are in englisch. I am using the full Visual Stuido Version had haver never installed a german one. I re-installed DataDude, I re-installed Visual Stuio, but still half the menus are in german.

What version did you use The common .img file or the .iso file from MSDN I took the .iso file from MSDN, may be something is wrong there...

 
 
EDV Gradl





PostPosted: Visual Studio Team System - Database Professionals, Installation of RTM destroys my Visual Studio installation Top

Gradly I have an only, just in case developement PC and I installed Data Dude on this one. This time all is in english. Very stange. The only difference is that on my first PC, I installed .net 3.
Nethertheless, I compared the two installations and found out that on my first PC a lot of 1031 (aka German) diretories were created. So I simple deleted them. Now all except the start page ("Lizenzierte Produkte") is in englisch again. Since I wanted to re-instlled early next year (due to Vista), I can live with that now. Maybe someone else has this problem.