Moving Exchange 2003-Licenses  
Author Message
MtnKitty68





PostPosted: Mon Jun 19 13:15:39 CDT 2006 Top

Exchange Servers Setup >> Moving Exchange 2003-Licenses

I have the need to move an existing Exchange 2003 Enterprise from one server
to another. The approach I want to use is to install a new Exchange server
and then migrate the mailboxes. Later remove the excchange and retire the
hardware. We only own one license of the Exchange 2003 server. Is it
possible to install the second server using the same license for a period not
to exceed 30 days until the existing server hardware is retired? If not,
what's the option?

Thanks,
Carlos

Exchange Server10  
 
 
John





PostPosted: Mon Jun 19 13:15:39 CDT 2006 Top

Exchange Servers Setup >> Moving Exchange 2003-Licenses What kind of Microsoft Licensing do you have for Exchange 2003? Is
Microsoft Open License, Enterprise, Open Value, or OEM? Its a good question
and most likely its explained in the licensing agreement.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2006
Microsoft Certified Partner



>I have the need to move an existing Exchange 2003 Enterprise from one
>server
> to another. The approach I want to use is to install a new Exchange
> server
> and then migrate the mailboxes. Later remove the excchange and retire the
> hardware. We only own one license of the Exchange 2003 server. Is it
> possible to install the second server using the same license for a period
> not
> to exceed 30 days until the existing server hardware is retired? If not,
> what's the option?
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos


 
 
Carlos





PostPosted: Mon Jun 19 13:33:01 CDT 2006 Top

Exchange Servers Setup >> Moving Exchange 2003-Licenses Thanks. This is part of the Microsoft Action Pack subscription. I looked at
the license agreement and mentions nothing of having another copy or not to
do what we're trying to do. Although two exchange will be on-line during the
mailbox moves, at the end, there will only be one server.

Carlos



> What kind of Microsoft Licensing do you have for Exchange 2003? Is
> Microsoft Open License, Enterprise, Open Value, or OEM? Its a good question
> and most likely its explained in the licensing agreement.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2006
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>


> >I have the need to move an existing Exchange 2003 Enterprise from one
> >server
> > to another. The approach I want to use is to install a new Exchange
> > server
> > and then migrate the mailboxes. Later remove the excchange and retire the
> > hardware. We only own one license of the Exchange 2003 server. Is it
> > possible to install the second server using the same license for a period
> > not
> > to exceed 30 days until the existing server hardware is retired? If not,
> > what's the option?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carlos
>
>
>
 
 
John





PostPosted: Mon Jun 19 18:12:19 CDT 2006 Top

Exchange Servers Setup >> Moving Exchange 2003-Licenses Here is the number for the Action Pack Help desk, they should be able help
you.

877-283-1925

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2006
Microsoft Certified Partner



> Thanks. This is part of the Microsoft Action Pack subscription. I looked
> at
> the license agreement and mentions nothing of having another copy or not
> to
> do what we're trying to do. Although two exchange will be on-line during
> the
> mailbox moves, at the end, there will only be one server.
>
> Carlos
>

>
>> What kind of Microsoft Licensing do you have for Exchange 2003? Is
>> Microsoft Open License, Enterprise, Open Value, or OEM? Its a good
>> question
>> and most likely its explained in the licensing agreement.
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2006
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>


>> >I have the need to move an existing Exchange 2003 Enterprise from one
>> >server
>> > to another. The approach I want to use is to install a new Exchange
>> > server
>> > and then migrate the mailboxes. Later remove the excchange and retire
>> > the
>> > hardware. We only own one license of the Exchange 2003 server. Is it
>> > possible to install the second server using the same license for a
>> > period
>> > not
>> > to exceed 30 days until the existing server hardware is retired? If
>> > not,
>> > what's the option?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Carlos
>>
>>
>>