I tried several things and I found out that it really doesn't have to do with the Windows version but it actually has to do with the Office Version, this is what I found:
The add-in works fine with the application.macroOptions on machines that have excel version 11 (which is the version in which it was created).
I had to make a version for excel 10 that adds the UDFs by adding a dummy macro sheet and creates a dummy UDF. Moreover, I had to copy the following files into the system and register them.
- Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)
- Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP4)
- MISSING: Microsoft ADO Ext 2.8 for DDL and Security
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msadox.dll
after that, it works fine.
thanks for your help.