Thought I'd just put a quick reply to this as I was having trouble with this file searching process. I used it in Access and then tried to use it when writing an Outlook macro, with no joy. I think it is specific to Access, because I managed to change my code as follows and it now works. Know this post is old, but if anyone has the same problem as us, could save hours of frustration. (You need to add the 'Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library' to your references).
Dim app02 As New Access.Application
NumFiles = 0
.LookIn = "C:\Temp\Dataprep\"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.MatchTextExactly = True
.filename = "*.*"
If FileSearch.FoundFiles.Count > 0 Then
filename = FileSearch.FoundFiles.Item(1)
'Put your code that processes files here
Name filename As Left(filename, 17) & "processed\" & Mid(filename, 18, 60)
NumFiles = NumFiles + 1
MsgBox NumFiles & " File(s) Processed!", vbOKOnly, "Finished!"
All this code does is loop through the dataprep folder and place all the files it finds in a 'processed' sub folder.
This is placed in an excel module and seems to do the trick. I know the code's probably badly written but hope it will be of use to someone.