Newbee questions  
Author Message
Jorriss





PostPosted: Mon Nov 27 13:43:39 CST 2006 Top

SQL Server >> Newbee questions

I am trying to execute these set of statements....

CREATE DATABASE Sales1
ON
PRIMARY(NAME=SalesPrimary,
FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',
SIZE = 500MB,
MAXSIZE = 200,
FILEGROWTH = 20),
FILEGROUP SalesFG
(NAME = SalesData1,
FILENAME = 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',
SIZE = 200MB,
MAXSIZE = 800,
FILEGROWTH = 100),
(FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',
SIZE = 400MB,
MAXSIZE = 1200,
FILEGROWTH = 300),
FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
(NAME = SalesHistory1,
FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',
SIZE=100MB,
MAXSIZE=500,
FILEGROWTH=50)
LOG ON
(NAME=Archlog1,
FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',
SIZE=300MB,
MAXSIZE=800,
FILEGROWTH=100)

I am using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.
But when I execute it...it gives me an error saying...

Msg 1036, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
File option NAME is required in this CREATE/ALTER DATABASE statement.
But I already gave the database name as SALES1...what is the problem
here????

Appreciate your help

Thanks in advance!

SQL Server18  
 
 
Kevin3NF





PostPosted: Mon Nov 27 13:43:39 CST 2006 Top

SQL Server >> Newbee questions Just glancing, it looks like the NAME is missing for salesdata2.ndf

No idea if the rest is correct or not...

--
Kevin Hill
3NF Consulting
http://www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htm

Real-world stuff I run across with SQL Server:
http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com




>I am trying to execute these set of statements....
>
> CREATE DATABASE Sales1
> ON
> PRIMARY(NAME=SalesPrimary,
> FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',
> SIZE = 500MB,
> MAXSIZE = 200,
> FILEGROWTH = 20),
> FILEGROUP SalesFG
> (NAME = SalesData1,
> FILENAME = 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',
> SIZE = 200MB,
> MAXSIZE = 800,
> FILEGROWTH = 100),
> (FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',
> SIZE = 400MB,
> MAXSIZE = 1200,
> FILEGROWTH = 300),
> FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
> (NAME = SalesHistory1,
> FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',
> SIZE=100MB,
> MAXSIZE=500,
> FILEGROWTH=50)
> LOG ON
> (NAME=Archlog1,
> FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',
> SIZE=300MB,
> MAXSIZE=800,
> FILEGROWTH=100)
>
> I am using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.
> But when I execute it...it gives me an error saying...
>
> Msg 1036, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> File option NAME is required in this CREATE/ALTER DATABASE statement.
> But I already gave the database name as SALES1...what is the problem
> here????
>
> Appreciate your help
>
> Thanks in advance!
>


 
 
Arnie





PostPosted: Mon Nov 27 13:59:23 CST 2006 Top

SQL Server >> Newbee questions This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_07DC_01C7121B.7A817570
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good formatting often makes things so easy to see. Notes inline...

CREATE DATABASE Sales1
ON PRIMARY
( NAME=3DSalesPrimary,
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesPrimary.mdf',
SIZE =3D 500MB,
MAXSIZE =3D 500, --Maxsize has to be at least the same as Size
FILEGROWTH =3D 20
),
FILEGROUP SalesFG
( NAME =3D SalesData1,
FILENAME =3D 'D:\Temp\SalesData1.ndf',
SIZE =3D 200MB,
MAXSIZE =3D 800,
FILEGROWTH =3D 100
),
( , --Missing Filename here
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesData2.ndf',
SIZE =3D 400MB,
MAXSIZE =3D 1200,
FILEGROWTH =3D 300
),
FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
( NAME =3D SalesHistory1,
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesHistory1.ndf',
SIZE=3D100MB,
MAXSIZE=3D500,
FILEGROWTH=3D50
)
LOG ON
( NAME=3DArchlog1,
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesLog.ldf',
SIZE=3D300MB,
MAXSIZE=3D800,
FILEGROWTH=3D100
)


--=20
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc

Most good judgment comes from experience.=20
Most experience comes from bad judgment.=20
- Anonymous

You can't help someone get up a hill without getting a little closer to =
the top yourself.
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf




>I am trying to execute these set of statements....
>=20
> CREATE DATABASE Sales1
> ON
> PRIMARY(NAME=3DSalesPrimary,
> FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',
> SIZE =3D 500MB,
> MAXSIZE =3D 200,
> FILEGROWTH =3D 20),
> FILEGROUP SalesFG
> (NAME =3D SalesData1,
> FILENAME =3D 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',
> SIZE =3D 200MB,
> MAXSIZE =3D 800,
> FILEGROWTH =3D 100),
> (FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',
> SIZE =3D 400MB,
> MAXSIZE =3D 1200,
> FILEGROWTH =3D 300),
> FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
> (NAME =3D SalesHistory1,
> FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',
> SIZE=3D100MB,
> MAXSIZE=3D500,
> FILEGROWTH=3D50)
> LOG ON
> (NAME=3DArchlog1,
> FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',
> SIZE=3D300MB,
> MAXSIZE=3D800,
> FILEGROWTH=3D100)
>=20
> I am using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.
> But when I execute it...it gives me an error saying...
>=20
> Msg 1036, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> File option NAME is required in this CREATE/ALTER DATABASE statement.
> But I already gave the database name as SALES1...what is the problem
> here????
>=20
> Appreciate your help
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
>
------=_NextPart_000_07DC_01C7121B.7A817570
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good formatting often makes things so =
easy to see.=20
Notes inline...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>CREATE DATABASE =
Sales1<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ON=20
PRIMARY<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp;=20
NAME=3DSalesPrimary,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesPrimary.mdf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
SIZE =3D 500MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
MAXSIZE =3D=20
500,&nbsp; --Maxsize has to be at least the same as=20
Size<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =3D=20
20<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROUP=20
SalesFG<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp; NAME =3D=20
SalesData1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILENAME =
=3D=20
'D:\Temp\SalesData1.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;=20
SIZE =3D 200MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
MAXSIZE =3D=20
800,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =3D=20
100<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
(&nbsp; , --Missing Filename=20
here<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesData2.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
SIZE =3D 400MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
MAXSIZE =3D=20
1200,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =3D =

300<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROUP=20
SalesHistoryFG<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp; NAME =3D=20
SalesHistory1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesHistory1.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
SIZE=3D100MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
MAXSIZE=3D500,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
FILEGROWTH=3D50<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; )<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; LOG=20
ON<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp;=20
NAME=3DArchlog1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
FILENAME=3D'D:\Temp\SalesLog.ldf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
SIZE=3D300MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
MAXSIZE=3D800,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
FILEGROWTH=3D100<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>Arnie Rowland, =
Ph.D.<BR>Westwood=20
Consulting, Inc</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Most good judgment comes from =
experience. <BR>Most=20
experience comes from bad judgment. <BR>- Anonymous</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You can't help someone get up a hill =
without=20
getting a little closer to the top yourself.<BR>- H. Norman=20
Schwarzkopf</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"freeblue11" &lt;</FONT><A=20


wrote in=20
message </FONT><A=20


face=3DArial=20

</A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;I =
am trying to=20
execute these set of statements....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; CREATE DATABASE=20
Sales1<BR>&gt; ON<BR>&gt; PRIMARY(NAME=3DSalesPrimary,<BR>&gt;=20
FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',<BR>&gt; SIZE =3D 500MB,<BR>&gt; =
MAXSIZE =3D=20
200,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH =3D 20),<BR>&gt; FILEGROUP SalesFG<BR>&gt; (NAME =
=3D=20
SalesData1,<BR>&gt; FILENAME =3D 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',<BR>&gt; SIZE =
=3D=20
200MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE =3D 800,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH =3D 100),<BR>&gt;=20
(FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',<BR>&gt; SIZE =3D 400MB,<BR>&gt; =
MAXSIZE =3D=20
1200,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH =3D 300),<BR>&gt; FILEGROUP =
SalesHistoryFG<BR>&gt; (NAME=20
=3D SalesHistory1,<BR>&gt; =
FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',<BR>&gt;=20
SIZE=3D100MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE=3D500,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH=3D50)<BR>&gt; =
LOG ON<BR>&gt;=20
(NAME=3DArchlog1,<BR>&gt; FILENAME=3D'C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',<BR>&gt;=20
SIZE=3D300MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE=3D800,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH=3D100)<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; I am=20
using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.<BR>&gt; But =
when I=20
execute it...it gives me an error saying...<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Msg 1036, =
Level 16,=20
State 2, Line 1<BR>&gt; File option NAME is required in this =
CREATE/ALTER=20
DATABASE statement.<BR>&gt; But I already gave the database name as=20
SALES1...what is the problem<BR>&gt; here????<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Appreciate your=20
help<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks in advance!<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_07DC_01C7121B.7A817570--

 
 
freeblue11





PostPosted: Mon Nov 27 15:08:49 CST 2006 Top

SQL Server >> Newbee questions Kevin, Arnie

My oversite!!

Thank you very much!





> Good formatting often makes things so easy to see. Notes inline...
>
> CREATE DATABASE Sales1
> ON PRIMARY
> ( NAME=SalesPrimary,
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesPrimary.mdf',
> SIZE = 500MB,
> MAXSIZE = 500, --Maxsize has to be at least the same as Size
> FILEGROWTH = 20
> ),
> FILEGROUP SalesFG
> ( NAME = SalesData1,
> FILENAME = 'D:\Temp\SalesData1.ndf',
> SIZE = 200MB,
> MAXSIZE = 800,
> FILEGROWTH = 100
> ),
> ( , --Missing Filename here
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesData2.ndf',
> SIZE = 400MB,
> MAXSIZE = 1200,
> FILEGROWTH = 300
> ),
> FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
> ( NAME = SalesHistory1,
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesHistory1.ndf',
> SIZE=100MB,
> MAXSIZE=500,
> FILEGROWTH=50
> )
> LOG ON
> ( NAME=Archlog1,
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesLog.ldf',
> SIZE=300MB,
> MAXSIZE=800,
> FILEGROWTH=100
> )
>
>
> --
> Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
> Westwood Consulting, Inc
>
> Most good judgment comes from experience.
> Most experience comes from bad judgment.
> - Anonymous
>
> You can't help someone get up a hill without getting a little closer to the top yourself.
> - H. Norman Schwarzkopf
>
>

> >I am trying to execute these set of statements....
> >
> > CREATE DATABASE Sales1
> > ON
> > PRIMARY(NAME=SalesPrimary,
> > FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',
> > SIZE = 500MB,
> > MAXSIZE = 200,
> > FILEGROWTH = 20),
> > FILEGROUP SalesFG
> > (NAME = SalesData1,
> > FILENAME = 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',
> > SIZE = 200MB,
> > MAXSIZE = 800,
> > FILEGROWTH = 100),
> > (FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',
> > SIZE = 400MB,
> > MAXSIZE = 1200,
> > FILEGROWTH = 300),
> > FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG
> > (NAME = SalesHistory1,
> > FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',
> > SIZE=100MB,
> > MAXSIZE=500,
> > FILEGROWTH=50)
> > LOG ON
> > (NAME=Archlog1,
> > FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',
> > SIZE=300MB,
> > MAXSIZE=800,
> > FILEGROWTH=100)
> >
> > I am using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.
> > But when I execute it...it gives me an error saying...
> >
> > Msg 1036, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> > File option NAME is required in this CREATE/ALTER DATABASE statement.
> > But I already gave the database name as SALES1...what is the problem
> > here????
> >
> > Appreciate your help
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> ------=_NextPart_000_07DC_01C7121B.7A817570
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> X-Google-AttachSize: 5412
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=GENERATOR>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Good formatting often makes things so easy to see.
> Notes inline...</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>CREATE DATABASE Sales1<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ON
> PRIMARY<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp;
> NAME=SalesPrimary,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesPrimary.mdf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> SIZE = 500MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MAXSIZE =
> 500,&nbsp; --Maxsize has to be at least the same as
> Size<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =
> 20<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROUP
> SalesFG<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp; NAME =
> SalesData1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILENAME =
> 'D:\Temp\SalesData1.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> SIZE = 200MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MAXSIZE =
> 800,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =
> 100<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> (&nbsp; , --Missing Filename
> here<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesData2.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> SIZE = 400MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MAXSIZE =
> 1200,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROWTH =
> 300<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ),<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FILEGROUP
> SalesHistoryFG<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp; NAME =
> SalesHistory1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesHistory1.ndf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> SIZE=100MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> MAXSIZE=500,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILEGROWTH=50<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; )<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; LOG
> ON<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (&nbsp;
> NAME=Archlog1,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILENAME='D:\Temp\SalesLog.ldf',<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> SIZE=300MB,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> MAXSIZE=800,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> FILEGROWTH=100<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; )</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>-- <BR>Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.<BR>Westwood
> Consulting, Inc</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Most good judgment comes from experience. <BR>Most
> experience comes from bad judgment. <BR>- Anonymous</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>You can't help someone get up a hill without
> getting a little closer to the top yourself.<BR>- H. Norman
> Schwarzkopf</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>"freeblue11" &lt;</FONT><A


> message </FONT><A

> face=Arial

> face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;I am trying to
> execute these set of statements....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; CREATE DATABASE
> Sales1<BR>&gt; ON<BR>&gt; PRIMARY(NAME=SalesPrimary,<BR>&gt;
> FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesPrimary.mdf',<BR>&gt; SIZE = 500MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE =
> 200,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH = 20),<BR>&gt; FILEGROUP SalesFG<BR>&gt; (NAME =
> SalesData1,<BR>&gt; FILENAME = 'C:\Kim\SalesData1.ndf',<BR>&gt; SIZE =
> 200MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE = 800,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH = 100),<BR>&gt;
> (FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesData2.ndf',<BR>&gt; SIZE = 400MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE =
> 1200,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH = 300),<BR>&gt; FILEGROUP SalesHistoryFG<BR>&gt; (NAME
> = SalesHistory1,<BR>&gt; FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesHistory1.ndf',<BR>&gt;
> SIZE=100MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE=500,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH=50)<BR>&gt; LOG ON<BR>&gt;
> (NAME=Archlog1,<BR>&gt; FILENAME='C:\Kim\SalesLog.ldf',<BR>&gt;
> SIZE=300MB,<BR>&gt; MAXSIZE=800,<BR>&gt; FILEGROWTH=100)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am
> using SSMS and typind this in the New Query Editor window.<BR>&gt; But when I
> execute it...it gives me an error saying...<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Msg 1036, Level 16,
> State 2, Line 1<BR>&gt; File option NAME is required in this CREATE/ALTER
> DATABASE statement.<BR>&gt; But I already gave the database name as
> SALES1...what is the problem<BR>&gt; here????<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Appreciate your
> help<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks in advance!<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_07DC_01C7121B.7A817570--