Creating fields  
Author Message
MarcoRosas





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06 07:33:06 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields

I would like to know how to create a field that will contain a number and
then beable to have the user change the field without field being deleted.
Also I would like to know how to program within the macro instructions to
beable to go to a specific field.

Thank you

Word58  
 
 
Graham





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06 07:33:06 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields What sort of a field? What's the purpose of the exercise?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


> I would like to know how to create a field that will contain a number
> and then beable to have the user change the field without field being
> deleted. Also I would like to know how to program within the macro
> instructions to beable to go to a specific field.
>
> Thank you


 
 
Doc60





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06 07:39:02 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields It is a field in a table that will be a number, that will be used in
calculations.

Hope this helps.



> What sort of a field? What's the purpose of the exercise?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> > I would like to know how to create a field that will contain a number
> > and then beable to have the user change the field without field being
> > deleted. Also I would like to know how to program within the macro
> > instructions to beable to go to a specific field.
> >
> > Thank you
>
>
>
 
 
David





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06 10:01:22 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields Graham,
I think he started this thought in this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/yt7x6x
(BTW, I've been enjoying your cat pictures!)

Doc,
Please tell us what you are trying to accomplish. First the big
picture, then the details. Your continued vague descriptions prevent
us from offering any specific help.
 
 
Graham





PostPosted: Thu Feb 07 06:38:27 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields We are not getting any nearer to understanding what you want. Do you want a
form field, a merge field, a REF field, an Ask field, a Fillin Field - any
one of which could be used in a calculation. You could even use a formula
field {=yournumber}.
If the number is in a table you can calculate it without it being in a
'field'.

At a rough guess I would suggest a form field. Investigate the forms
toolbar. With the form locked for forms, a user can only enter stuff in the
form fields.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


> It is a field in a table that will be a number, that will be used in
> calculations.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

>
>> What sort of a field? What's the purpose of the exercise?
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>>> I would like to know how to create a field that will contain a
>>> number and then beable to have the user change the field without
>>> field being deleted. Also I would like to know how to program
>>> within the macro instructions to beable to go to a specific field.
>>>
>>> Thank you


 
 
Doc60





PostPosted: Fri Feb 15 06:18:01 PST 2008 Top

MS Word VBA >> Creating fields The field that I have created, was created in the File/properties. Where a
user clicks on File then clicks on properties and then on common. Chooses the
field and then puts in a new value for the field. It is then updated in the
table using a command button that we already have.

What I would like to do now is take that field value and write code that
states if the field equals 0 then exit the macro if not continue with the
next line of code.

I hope this is more descriptive.

Thank you



> Graham,
> I think he started this thought in this thread.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yt7x6x
> (BTW, I've been enjoying your cat pictures!)
>
> Doc,
> Please tell us what you are trying to accomplish. First the big
> picture, then the details. Your continued vague descriptions prevent
> us from offering any specific help.
>